Thursday, February 17, 2011

Introduction

I guess I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Cody Layne and I'm you're average country boy, living in the woods of Tennessee. I live near a sleepy little town where everybody knows everybody. It's not the most exciting place to live but I prefer it over the noisiness of the city any day.

As far back as I can remember, the world of films, TV, and video games have been favorite hobby. Right now, I have a DVD collection that consists well of over 100 movies and other such media. My favorite genre is the horror genre, everything from the classics of the 1930's and 40's up to the gory slasher flicks of the 1980's and, to a much lesser extent, the films of today. I actually like almost everything that I find entertaining. There are few exceptions. Some of my other favorites types of films are 1950's sci-fi flicks, the Godzilla movies, the James Bond movies, animation (Disney and anime especially), actions movies (especially those of Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger) and many others too numerous to count. I'm also an avid gamer, with various game systems like the Super NES, Nintendo 64, the GameCube, the Playstation 2, and just recently, the Nintendo Wii.

This blog will mainly consist of my thoughts and opinions on the movies I've seen throughout my lifetime and the ones I've just recently seen as well as video games I've always loved as well as ones I've just recently played. Book reviews are others I will put on here. I try to read as much as I can. I will warn you, I'm pretty vocal about what I like and don't like. Don't take anything I say personally. If we disagree on something, it's cool. Once I get going and you get a feel for what I'm doing, you can suggest things you want me to review. However, there are some things I won't review just because I'm not interested, which I'll take about in the next post.

My reviews will usually be grouped into sections. There'll be some random ones here and there but they'll usually be in some category and will usually have a theme running through them. Some categories will be:

Stuff I Grew Up With (The title says it all. These will consist of films, TV, and video games that made my childhood awesome.)

Franchises (A look through all the movies of various franchises.)

The Directors (A look through the various movies of some of my favorite directors.)

Video Game Corner (Video games I've either played just recently or I've just now come across.)

Movies That Suck (Should be obvious. These will probably be some controversial ones. Remember, it's just my opinion.)

B to Z Movies (Where I take on REALLY bad movies.)

I'm sure I'll think of other categories as I go on. For now, I hope you enjoy this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment