Tuesday, September 15, 2026
Get Your Fangs Ready for October
Well, it's become almost a tradition for me to go completely radio silent after the Fourth of July. I did intend to put something up in August but I already had so much going on that I never got around to it. (Just a heads up: there will be something up right before the end of the month. It will be an overhaul of a review I did during my first year, but a massive one.) In any case, can you believe it's almost time for Spooky Season again? Seriously, where did 2026 go? Well, this year is going to be the first one where I devote an entire month to a specific type of horror movie monster. And the title of this post and that cheap image I found probably already gave this year's theme away: those blood-sucking, creatures of the night, vampires. Starting in the 1940's and going on to present day, we're going to take a look at 31 vampires flicks across the decades. Some will involve traditional vampires, others will have anything but. Some will be classics, others will be total trash (fortunately, nothing on the level of Vampegeddon, though my "friend" Newt is responsible for some of the stuff you'll see). I've already done the classic Dracula movies from Universal, and you won't see any Hammer movies, either, but you will see various takes on the Count, as well as a vampire comedy by a lauded but also notoriously disgraced and controversial filmmaker, tales of a vampire living right next door, a hip vampire tale involving the Two Coreys, probably the best vampire Western you're ever likely to see, and much more. So, if any of that sounds appealing, come back on October 1st for the start of Fangtober (I was originally going to call it "Vamptober," but I think Fangtober sounds cooler, don't you?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment