Sunday, September 15, 2019

This October... Things are gonna get Schlocky

By now, you should know why I disappeared after that review I did of Summer Rental on the Fourth of July: I've been getting ready for October. The first couple of years I did this, I just did a bunch of random reviews with no common theme to them, but this year, I've decided to change that. And to start out, I figured, "Why not do something that I know a lot of people would find entertaining?" So, this October is going to be "Schlocktober" on here. Yeah, I know it's not an original title and it's been used before but if it was good enough for those other reviewers, then it's good enough for me. I was originally going to call it "Craptober" but that insinuates that I think all of these films suck, which isn't the case. Some of these movies will definitely fall into the so bad, it's good category, while others will just be kind of "blah," and then, there will be the instances where I basically decided to be a sadomasochist and force myself to watch and talk about some really bad movies. I won't give anything away, as I'd like for you all to be surprised, but let's just say you can look forward to my meeting with a certain Mr. Wood, another visit with Mr. Castle, some meetups that didn't live up to their potential, some horrendous Canadian horror, a sequel to a beloved classic that nobody asked for, and one of the worst movies featuring a classic monster that I have ever seen.

And, as if that wasn't bad enough, we're going to end on a truly horrendous movie that, for the longest time, nobody but one person knew about but he's been trying to turn it into a cult classic. How has he been going about that, you ask? By aggravating the people he knows to death until they do watch it just to get him to shut up, and I, unfortunately, happen to be friends with this unnamed person. After years of him bugging me to death, I finally broke down and watched this damn thing and, after it was over, I realized that I had to review it soon or he was going to nag me relentlessly until I did. So, for you, sir, I'm going to do it. I'm going to put a grin on, rewatch that fucking movie, do a nice write-up on it, and after that, I don't want to hear it mentioned EVER AGAIN! So, for everyone else, be sure to start checking in October 1st and coming back all month long. And as for you, my "friend,"


and shove it up hard!

2 comments:

  1. Lololol you know you love that film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture of the middle finger perfectly sums up my feelings of what Hollywood has been doing these days.

    ReplyDelete