Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stuff I Grew Up With/Video Game Corner: Pilotwings 64 (1996)

This is one of those games that, given my tastes, I shouldn't have ended up owning but I did. I know exactly why I did end up owning it. It was featured on a videotape I received from Nintendo Power in 1996 about the upcoming Nintendo 64 along with Super Mario 64 and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (this game, along with the former, were the launch titles for the N64 in North America). Needless to say, I was most excited about Super Mario 64 and even though I hadn't seen any of the Star Wars films at that point, Shadows of the Empire looked pretty fun too. Pilotwings 64, however, I wasn't too sure about. It looked interesting from the clips shown on the VHS but, as I said, it's not the type of game I typically play. I'm more into platforming games and shooters, not sports games or flight simulators such as this. But I figured I'd might as well give it a shot I got it for my tenth birthday in 1997 (my family always gives me money so I can just get what I want) and it ended up being one of the first N64 games I ever owned. However, when I got home and played it along with my cousins who had accompanied me during the shopping trip, I instantly realized that this game wasn't a good match for me. I won't say I out and out hate the game but I find the challenges to be more of a chore instead of being enjoyable and the rewards not all that satisfying.

A sequel to the original Pilotwings for the Super NES (which I didn't even know existed before this game), Pilotwings 64 involves you choosing one of six pilots to use in a series of flight tests that you must complete in order to earn various medals and get your pilot license. There are three different weight classes that the characters fall into (two for each class) and each has his or her advantages and disadvantages depending on the conditions of the test. There are three types of flying vehicles: hang gliders, rocket belts, and gyrocopters and there are four different tests for each of them (Beginner, Class A, Class B, Pilot), each of them becoming more difficult as you go from the former to the latter. Each test has up to three missions (Beginner has just one, Class A has two, and Class B and Pilot have three) and you're graded based on time, landing accuracy and softness, usage of fuel, and so on. Points are deducted if you're damaged (i.e. touch anything other than what you're supposed to) and if you crash (which, if you're like me, you will end up doing quite often), you fail except for the points you received from the targets you managed to hit before doing so. You have to win at least a bronze medal in each test to move onwards through the various tests of each vehicle and if you win at least a silver medal in the different difficulty level tests for each vehicle (like for the Beginner tests of all three vehicles and so on), you can unlock bonus challenges involving human cannonballs, skydiving, Jumble Hopper, and Birdman (I'll explain the latter two later).

I'll admit right now that few games gave me more screaming fits as a child than this one. There are a lot of frustrating games out there and I've certainly dealt with more than my fair share of them but usually, I'm able to overcome the difficulties of a game by repeated trial and error, becoming familiar with what's around each corner, getting accustomed to the number of enemies in a given level, etc. This game, however, is something else entirely. While trial and error does play a factor into becoming good at it, this game can still drive me nuts because of how precise the grading of the tests is. There were so many times (particularly during the damn hang glider tests) where I was sure I did good but then when the test was over, I still hadn't gotten enough points to at least get a bronze medal and move on (or for the medals necessary to activate the bonus challenges). It would just drive me insane and I couldn't figure out what the game wanted from me. (You can tell whether you did good or not before the result screen comes up by watching how your character reacts. You have to watch whether they nod or shake their head and how fast they do each motion. If your character shakes their head very fast, you've failed.) Because of those bad memories, I dreaded having to play the game in order to do this review but to my surprise, I managed to actually progress through many of the tests and, at least, try the rest of the challenges. I think the reason for that is I've grown a little more patient (and a little being the key) with games and I now take my time and actually try to learn the ins and outs of how to properly succeed in various aspects of them. Case in point with Pilotwings 64: I took time to learn who was best for operating each aircraft in what situation, how to operate said aircraft, how to land as gently as possible, and so on. While some of the missions I still find impossible to get good scores on without using GameShark cheats (which I had to use to see the entire game and do this review properly), I will say that I'm much better at the game now than I ever was.

I think one of the biggest problems I had when I was younger was that I would just choose a character based on how cool I thought they were and I didn't care about their practicality for the task at hand. The characters Lark and Kiwi are the lightest ones and are the best ones to use for the hang glider, especially when using thermal currents. The heavier characters sink too fast but at the same time, they're much more stable when there's a strong wind. Still, it's better to use either one of the lightest characters for the hang glider. The two middleweights, Goose and Ibis, are pretty good choices for the rocket belt or the gyrocopter because the wind doesn't affect them much and they can turn very well. The heavyweights, Hawk and Robin, are best used on very windy stages or stages where you need to be able to sink very fast. I find I'm actually able to use Hawk on the rocket belt stages with little to no problems but that could be just because the rocket belt is the vehicle I can operate the best. But like I said, it's typical not a good idea to use the heavyweights on the hang glider. Speaking of the characters, have you noticed that whenever you select a character, the women actually say something (Kiwi says, "Here we go", Ibis says "All right!", and Robin very sultrily says "Oh, yeah") whereas the guys just either yell "Yahoo", "Yee-haw!" or, in Hawk's case, give out an animal-like yell? Bit of favoritism towards women there? (I'm just kidding! Don't hit!)

As I've made it clear already, I despise the hang glider. That damn thing causes me so much trouble, even when I use the correct characters and the best techniques. Where the game always screws me over is when it comes to landing. First, you have to land as close to the bull's eye of the landing platform as possible and while that's easy enough on some levels, it's almost impossible on other levels. No matter how accurate I try to be or how much I slow myself down by repeatedly pushing the B-button in order to brake, I almost always end up overshooting the center of the platform or worse, land outside of it. It's even worse on a level where there's a lot of wind but you have to use one of the lighter characters in order to accomplish the objective. I can come towards the center all I want, that wind will still blow me past the center. Besides that, you're also judged by how softly you land on the platform. Sometimes when I need to land the glider, I can't judge how hard I'm going to land and I get penalized for it. Also, there are times where I can't slow down enough and even when I think I'm going slow enough, I still end up crashing. Getting at a very high altitude for points is easy enough when you're using a light character and flying into thermal vents (these rotating columns of air) which carry you upwards. But going up very high makes landing the ground-based target very difficult. Time also gets to me during the hang glider levels, particularly when I've accomplished a task that took a very long time and I still get penalized for it or end up crashing (the latter of which really irks me). There are some missions where you have to take a picture of something and you basically have to get right on top of it in order to get the maximum amount of points. Doing so is usually easy enough but pulling up and getting to the landing spot or the thermal vent necessary to gain more altitude is usually a real problem. Flying through rings doesn't usually give me problems but when they're situated down a steep dive that's hard to get out of without crashing or spread out around a big area, they can be a nuisance. So, yeah, I am not a fan of the hang glider.

The rocket belt, however, is another kettle of fish. I excel at this thing and was able to get either a silver or gold medal in all the classes without much difficulty or using cheat codes. It really doesn't matter who you use for the rocket belt but I prefer using Hawk because I'm actually able to control him with little difficulty and he's particularly handy during the windier levels. The controls are easy to figure out: A-button to accelerate, move the control stick in the desired direction to go that way, and the Z-button allows you to hover, which is great for lining yourself up with a target. I also have the easiest time landing the rocket belt. All you have to do is position yourself above the center of the target (switch camera positions to make sure you're on target), hover, and gradually fall, braking with the hover until you land softly. Simple. The rocket belt isn't without its drawbacks, though. It runs on fuel and tends to burn through it rather quickly (hovering really eats it up). In levels where you have to have land on floating platforms, you don't have much fuel to begin with and while you do get some fuel when you land on each platform, it tends to not be very much. You also get points deducted if you bump into anything other than the landing points or the balloons and balls you must touch in certain levels. There are also only two camera angles in this mode: behind you and above you and that can make navigating cramped spaces without bumping into the walls difficult. However, I'm usually able to overcome these difficulties, making the rocket belt my favorite vehicle in the game.

I may not like the gyrocopter as much as the rocket belt but I do find it easier than the hang glider. Like the rocket belt, the controls are simple enough to figure out: A-button to accelerate and B-button to brake. Turning is where the vehicle tends to get me. Sharp turns are best done with your finger on the brake but when you're flying slowly, that's when the wind becomes a bit of a problem. Heavyweights also have a hard time at turning so it's best to go with the middleweights. Pulling out of a dive can also be a little tricky, particularly when you have to do so to fly through a ring near the ground. Speaking of flying through rings, it can be difficult to go through when you come at them from an angle instead of straight on but sometimes you have no choice. Landing can also be a bit tricky. The landing accuracy is judged by how close you are to the center-line of the runway you are when you stop. You get the most points when you get down on the center-line and stay on it until you stop, which is very difficult because the gyrocopter has a tendency to skid to the edge of the line. Landing impact can also be tricky because the game will sometimes give you a good score if you come down rather rough but bounce correctly (how it determines a correct bounce, I have no idea). You also get to fire missiles from the gyrocopter to hit bull's eye targets among other objects. This can sometimes be tricky, particularly if it's windy and you have to fire the missile in the opposite direction of the wind in relation to the target. There are also times where you're sure you've got the target perfectly in your sights but the missile still misses (sometimes it's because you underestimated how far away the target and sometimes it can be because of a game glitch). One thing that the gyrocopter does have over the rocket belt is that, while it also runs on fuel, it doesn't eat it up nearly as quickly. While I prefer the rocket belt, the gyrocopter does have its own benefits.

There are other bonus challenges you can unlock by winning silver and gold medals in the various classes. The Birdman levels aren't a challenge so much as a break from the pressure of the rest of the game. It's not a vehicle so much as whatever character you choose donning a pair of makeshift wings. You can actually become the Birdman in certain levels by flying into stars you find but you unlock the  first actual Birdman level by getting silver and gold medals in the Beginner Class for all the normal vehicles and unlock the further ones by getting silver and gold in the hardest levels of the other bonus challenges. It doesn't matter much what character you choose. Control-wise, you just press A to flap your wings to gain speed and press B to hover in the air. As I said, there are no challenges in the Birdman levels. Just fly around for as long as you want (unless you crash into something) and enjoy the scenery. You can also take pictures and store them in your album. While I don't play it much, this is a nice relaxing alternative to the game's real challenges.

To my surprise, I managed to just recently open up the Cannonball stages after years of trying to. The Cannonball is simple: your character (it doesn't matter who you choose to be honest) is put inside of a cannon and you have to fire yourself at a bull's eye. You can get up to 25 points depending where on the target you hit. You get three tries for each level and only the attempt that resulted in the most points will be scored. Sounds simple but I find it to be the most difficult of the game's bonus challenges. You have to position the cannon itself in the direction of the target, which is harder than it sounds because you have to watch a meter on the bottom of the screen to see which direction you're aiming. That's done by moving the stick to the left and right. You also have to adjust the angle by moving the stick up and down, keeping your eye on the meter on the right side of the screen. Finally, you have to make sure of how much power you use when you fire the cannon. The power meter is on the left side of the screen and you fire when you feel it's reached the appropriate level. I'm not good with precise stuff like that and even after you get those aspects situated, you still must take the distance of the target and the wind into account. I can't tell you how many times I've felt that I was lined up perfectly and still either overshot or undershot the target or hit it very far away from the center. One of the worst challenges is one where the target is behind a hill and you have to use your radar to find its position. Even then, I still end up missing more often than not. I think it's plain to see that the Cannonball is my least favorite of the bonus challenges.

Skydiving is also a little tricky. There are two parts to skydiving. The actual free-falling section involves you completing five formations with your fellow divers. You have to line yourself up with a yellow, blinking silhouette of yourself that you see positioned along with the other divers who are already in formation. It doesn't matter if you're a little to the left or right of the silhouette as long as you're at the right angle. If you fly past the silhouette, you can press A to brake back up to it. When you've positioned yourself, you have to press A each second until the word GO! appears on-screen and you can move on to the next formation. You don't get a high score if you miss any of the formations. Light and middleweights are best suited to this whereas heavyweights tend to fall too fast and are harder to control. Once you've fallen a certain distance, the other divers will leave you by yourself and you'll break through the cloud cover and have to land. As with most challenges, I tend to find landing to be tricky. You have to pop open the chute at a certain height (250m) and once you've opened it, you have to circle around the target by using the overhead camera angle and brake until you land softly on the target. First time I tried the challenge, I ended up landing outside the target. Even if you follow all the right steps, it's still hard to land perfectly in skydiving and it all comes down to precision (which, as I've said before, I suck at in video games).

The most unusual challenge in the entire game is the Jumble Hopper. In this challenge, you don a pair of these spring-loaded shoes that allow you to jump very high in the air and hop to a designated goal area. You can't be stationary at all in this challenge and between jumps, you have to align yourself in the direction you want to hop next. You hold the A-button for more powerful jumps and hold the control stick to move in the direction you need to travel while jumping. The lightweight characters can jump high and over long distances but it's rather slow and the wind blows them away easily; the middleweights' jumps are shot but very fast and they resist wind very well; the heavyweights resist wind the best but they're the worst jumpers. I think the choice is clear. You can't crash with the Jumble Hopper but you can temporarily knock yourself down by jumping into a building or jumping into something from the wrong angle. If you jump into water, you get points deducted each time you touch it. You also get penalized if you take too long to get to the goal. Despite the setbacks, this challenge does tend to be rather fun, allowing you to go places in the levels that you're unable to in the other vehicles.

Design-wise, Pilotwings 64 is very pleasant to look at with its bright and colorful graphics and how the levels look in various weather conditions (sunny days, overcast, dreary days, cloudless nights, etc.) All the tests take place on several islands. Holiday Island is the smallest and most picturesque with its hilltop castle, hotel, airport, and amusement park. All the Beginner classes take place on this one. It also has an interesting Easter egg where you can turn the setting to night by flying into a cave near the castle (just don't fall in the water).  Ever-Frost Island is an arctic piece of land with an oil refinery and ski village being the only traces of civilization. Visibility on this island tends to be very bad in the levels where it's snowy, making the gyrocopter class on this island (the Pilot one) rather difficult. Crescent Island is a lovely little C-shaped island with a hotel in the middle of it. Ironically, I don't have many problems with the rocket belt class on this island despite the fact that it's the Pilot class but I do have trouble with, of course, the hang glider, which is Class B. The largest and most interesting island is Little States, a compact version of the U.S. You can find so many different features of America here like Mount Rushmore complete with a Mario head (which becomes Wario if you hit it during the cannonball stage), compact versions of New York City, L.A., Cape Canaveral, and Seattle, and even a tribute to the Loch Ness monster in the form of Missy, an orange river monster that you have to photograph.

The music in this game isn't one of its most stand-out features. It's not horrible, mind you, and it fits the game but there's nothing to write home about. The music over the title, challenge selection, and character selection screens are pretty good. I can't say I like the music during the hang glider levels. It may be a calm, nice melody but when you don't like the vehicle and it's taking a long time to complete your objective, it tends to get a bit monotonous. I do like the cool music during the rocket belt levels and I especially enjoy the music that plays during the gyrocopter levels. The cannonball music is a little too silly and can get kind of annoying. The skydiving music isn't too memorable either but the Jungle Hopper music is so silly that it's actually fun. I think my favorite bit of music in the entire game is the calm, relaxing music during the Birdman levels. It's the type of music that you want to listen to on a lazy evening where all you want to do is kickback. All in all, the music in the game isn't bad but some of it could have been better.

The first test for the hang glider is easy enough. All you have to do is fly into a thermal vent and go through three rings before landing on the target. The first test in Class A of the hang glider is simple too. You have to ride another thermal vent, take a picture of a flame coming out of the smokestack of an oil refinery (you'll more than likely get burned but you won't lose any points and the result is actually pretty funny), and then land. The other test in Class A, though, is where it starts to get difficult. You have dive through this steep chasm and go through as many rings as you can before pulling back up and landing. The problem is that there's a mountain right behind the last ring and if you don't do some fancy maneuvering, you'll end up crashing right into it. I can get a lot of the rings but I've never been able to get all of them without crashing. I just can't pull out of the dive before hitting the wall. The fact that you more than likely need to use one of the heavyweights in order to drop sharply complicates matters further since they can't turn that well. I'm sure someone out there has figured out how to do it (possibly with some of the lighter characters) but I just can't. (I was busting my brains trying to get a good score on this challenge in order to unlock the cannonball challenge but all I needed to do was get a better score on the previous one, which is simple.)

Class B of the hang glider is where the game really gets unforgiving. In the first test, you have to use a series of thermal vents to ascend to 400m in the sky before landing. The former is easy but, as usual, the landing is difficult for me to accomplish. I can never land on the center of the target. I always overshoot it, sometimes landing outside the target which is really annoying, and you must use light characters in order to reach the required height, which makes you susceptible to the wind. The second test is another Shutter Bug level. You have to photograph a whale swimming in the cove below your starting point and then photograph the fountain of the hotel in front of the landing point. Photographing the whale is simple but photographing the fountain used to give me trouble until I figured out which direction to come at it from and that you have to circle around before attempting to land. The landing still trips me up sometimes but as badly as other levels. The third test I find to be ungodly cruel. You have to fly to the other side of the island and land on the target in exactly three minutes. I want to know who came up with this challenge. What is it some sicko of a programmer who thought the game wasn't difficult enough so he decided to put in this unfair challenge? I've never been able to do this perfectly. You have to fly past a big mountain on the island, go very far out to sea, and then turn around in order to land properly. If you manage to do this perfectly, you deserve the medal you get. Now we come to Pilot Class and they really ratcheted up the difficulty for the final batch of tests. The first test has you use a bunch of thermal vents to reach 650m before landing. The first part is long and tedious (not to mention that the vents disappear after four minutes) but you can accomplish it. Landing is where you may trip up because you have a long way down and it's difficult to slow down enough so you won't crash. I guarantee you that you'll want to break your N64 if you crash since the main objective takes so long to do. The second test has you fly through eight out of fifteen rings. This one is also frustrating because the rings are spread out over a large area and your constantly ascending and descending to go through them takes up a lot of time. Landing isn't too difficult but, as I said, you'll more than likely get penalized for taking too long. By the way, do not take the waterfall route at the beginning of the level. It's too difficult to get through the three rings there without crashing. The final test is another Shutter Bug and it's the hardest of them all. You have photograph Missy the monster, a cruise ship in the ocean, and a launching space shuttle at Cape Canaveral. Finding the objects is a cinch with the radar and Missy and the ship aren't too difficult to get good pictures of. Maintaining your altitude after doing so can be difficult, (there are plenty of thermal vents but it's sometimes hard to get to them before you crash), and the space shuttle is the hardest to photograph because you have to be at the right altitude and come at it in the right direction in order to get a good picture. Even after that, you have to turn around to land and believe me, the game has screwed me over by causing me to crash after my hard work.

The first rocket belt test is a cinch: fly towards a floating balloon, pop it by flying into it, and then land. If you can't do that, you might as well quit trying to play the game. The first test in Class A has you fly through nine rings scattered in a city. It's not too hard but it can take some time and it's best to use the smaller characters since it's easier to avoid bumping into the buildings which will deduct points from your score. The second test has you land on a series of floating platforms scattered across the countryside. It's not too hard, other than you better use the heavyweights since there's a lot of wind which can make accurate landings with lighter characters difficult. Besides that, you start with a fair amount of fuel and you get more each time you land. The first test of Class B is also pretty simple. You have to burst two balloons, each of which breaks up into five smaller ones. Bursting both sets is pretty simple but you have to be a little quick because they can get away from you if you let them. It's easy to think that you've popped one when you haven't so make sure you see the Balloon Cleared message on the screen before moving on. This is another level where it's best to use one of the heavyweights since there's a lot of wind. The second test has you fly through rings but it adds complications by having some rings become timed rings which revert back to normal after a short while. You must fly through all the timed rings along with the normal rings to get a perfect score. I don't find this to be all that difficult either. The third test is the first of two where you have to bounce a big green ball into a goal area. This isn't hard so much as it just gets monotonous. You have to hit the ball in a certain area to make it bounce the preferred way and if it bounces too high, you have to wait for it to come back down. Again, not difficult per se, but just kind of annoying. I will admit that as good as I am with the rocket belt, the Pilot Class tests did give me a bit of trouble. The first one, where you have to fly through a narrow cavern, took some practice. It's best to use a lightweight to avoid bumping into the walls but that's still not the hardest part. That comes when you have to fall down this steep waterfall in the cave and even if you get that right, you have to fall down a slanted tunnel without touching the walls or falling into the water. That can get pretty difficult. You'll also use up a lot of fuel doing this. I have gotten to the point where I can use Hawk for it but this was frustrating at first. The second test is another bouncing ball level but this one is much more difficult. There's a lot of wind so you better use a heavyweight. The biggest problem is that the ball is on top of a peak and when you hit, it will more than likely fall into one of the chasms along the side of the mountain and you have to wait for it to slowly make its way down to the beach. This is where the two camera angles for the rocket belt cause problems because, despite its size, it's easy to lose the ball since you're limited to where you can see. Finally, you're under a stricter time crunch. This is all adds up to make this a pretty tough rocket belt level. The final test is another Touch and Go but this time, the floating platforms are spread out farther and you begin the level with much less fuel than before. Once again, there's a strong wind so use a heavyweight. First time I tried this, I did get frustrated because as you get farther along, it's hard to find some of the platforms because they're hidden well (there's one right below the platform before it but it's hidden by a ledge so you're almost guaranteed to miss it). Also don't be fooled and go into the cave you went through in the first test just because there's a platform in front of it like I did. It's frustrating but I eventually did get it. (I know I probably glossed over the difficulties of some of these levels but the rocket belt levels, except for the last ones, rarely ever gave me much trouble.)

The Beginner Class for the gyrocopter simply involves you taking off, flying through three rings, each of which appears after you've flown through the one before it, turning around, and landing back on the runway. Simple and a good way to learn the ins and outs of flying the vehicle. The first test in Class A involves you flying through more rings (fifteen out of many to be exact) and land. Again, not too difficult but some of the rings do test your maneuvering skills. The other test is the first one that involves blowing up targets with your missiles. There are only three to blow up and they're not terribly difficult to hit. The one thing you have to remember is that you can't fire more than two missiles at a time. The first test in Class B is a much harder version of the first one in Class A. You have to fly through all the rings across this section of Little States, most of them placed along a winding river with. Some of them are beneath bridges and can be tricky to pass through without hitting the water. There are instances where you see two or more rings beside each other but you only have to fly through one. Some are worth more points than the others and those are trickier to get. With a little practice, you can do well on this test practically every time. The next test is another missile firing one, this one with ten targets spread out across a canyon and with winds that can easily blow the missiles away from the targets. Some targets are also located around tight corners and are pretty hard to get good shots at. This is definitely one of the most frustrating gyrocopter levels because you must destroy every target for a good score. I crashed a lot of times while trying to do that. The third test is the first of two confrontations that you have with a giant robot called Meca Hawk. Meca Hawk isn't attacking so much as just wandering around a field but you still have to take him down. It takes five missiles to destroy him but he can be hard to hit because his movements are erratic and he'll often stop to throw boulders at you. It can be annoying when you have to turn your copter around to get another shot because Meca Hawk has a tendency to walk right underneath you. You also can't take too much time. Even though I eventually brought him down, this was still a pretty difficult test. The Pilot Class is a real ass-kicker. The first is another one involving rings but this time, there are many spread throughout the island (you don't have to get all of them but you still have to get a majority of them), there's a strong wind, some of the rings are positioned at an angle that makes them difficult to fly through, and you can waste a lot of time trying to rack up points and still wind up with a mediocre score. I've never been able to get a very good score on this one. The second is easier. You have to destroy twenty out of thirty balloons but unlike missile targets, you can pop these with your vehicle as well as shoot them with missiles. They're all in one area and there's no wind, making this test simpler. It can still be time-consuming, though, because a lot of balloons are in clumps and you often have to make one or two passes to get all of them. The final test is another battle with Meca Hawk. This one is even more difficult because the robot is swimming in the ocean next to the island and you have fewer clear shots of him than before. The only time you should bother shooting at him is when he stop and throws big ice chunks at you. Trying to hit him when he's swimming is difficult and you can't hit him when he dives underwater. And again, even if you manage to destroy him, the time constraint can still get you. (I'm not going to go into detail about the bonus challenges' levels because the tasks remain the same and all that changes is the difficulty, either by you having less time to complete the tasks, the goals becoming harder to get to, or the targets harder to hit.)

It's really amazing that I got Pilotwings 64 as a kid, let alone that I've had it for fifteen years now because it's really not my type of game. These kinds of games where you have to be so precise and on the nose are not good for an impulsive, impatient gamer like myself. Granted, in preparation for this review, I have become much better at this game than I ever was before. I managed to complete some tests that drove me bonkers for years, mainly because I've learned in recent years to think about what you're doing in video games. Still, I did have to use GameShark codes to unlock the entire game to do this review justice. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to part with this game pretty soon because completing it properly was more of a chore than anything else and if I didn't have this blog, I would have probably gotten rid of it long ago. It doesn't have much replay value once you get good at the tests anyway. I know there are a lot of fans of this game and I respect them but this, ultimately, is just not a game that I get much honest enjoyment out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment